In this video I assemble the Artillery Sidewinder X1 3D Printer.
The idea of my journey into 3D printing is to document my experiences, both good and bad and that explains why this video is over an hour in length.
What did I learn?
1) That the most recent Sidewinder X1 3D printers seem to have a number of aspects of the assembly pre-configured, such as the flexible flat cables, the z-axis sensor and also the bed-levelling.
2) I should have pre-checked the tension on the wheels as mostly the wheels were okay and moved seemed to move freely. There were a couple of wheels which I seemed to loosen a little with my tinkering that seem make the z axis and also the bed move a little more freely so I don’t think my efforts were completely in vain.
3) I didn’t remove the cable ties because I was worried of either breaking the machine or de-calibrating it in some way. However, it seems fine to move the print head and bed on its rollers without causing a problem. If I had done this in the first place it would have made the whole process less fiddly.
Knowing what I know now, if I were to build a second Artillery Sidewinder X1 3D printer, I would be able to do it much more quickly – and thank you to Artillery for doing as much as they can in the factory.
Thank you for watching.
Rob @ 3DModUK